Friday 27 May 2016

Friday Favourites...Being a bit Crafty!




As a caveat to this post, I would like to say that I (by no means!) rate myself as a crafter...in fact 9 out of 10 things I attempt go seriously wrong!! I class myself as a trier, with more failures than successes. But I do quite enjoy tinkering and having a go. So a few weeks ago I got a little idea in my mind & thought it'd be fun to paint some glass jars, bottles etc to be used in my (soon-to-be) new garden. I thought it would be nice to have some bits that we'd made to feature in it. I also thought it'd be fun to use some passata jars as vases for the flowers I buy each Friday...you've got to love a 2 for £5 bargain at M&S ;)


So...I saved a few glass containers and grabbed me some paint...a few went disastrously wrong and a couple turned out ok. I simply poured some glass paint into the bottles & then rotated them to get lines of colour all the way to the bottom. I used two colours - orange and yellow. To be fair, the paint mixed up A LOT, so it didn't really end up the way of envisaged in my head...but they'll work for my house :) 

The girls and I have turned a few glass jars into candle holders too and we're going to keep doing a bit of trial & error until we really get the hang of this crafting business! 

Happy Friday All...enjoy the Bank Hol ☀️

Bibi xx

Please follow my blog here on blogger or on Twitter @BibiMac3 

No comments:

Post a Comment