Thursday 14 April 2016

What a week!




This week has, quite honestly, been fabulous. A month ago I officially resigned and became a stay at home mum. I knew this was the right decision for my family, particularly for my daughters, but it was extremely painful. I left a school that I have worked at since my early 20s...during my time there I met some of the most incredible children, parents and teachers. Walking through the school gates felt like opening the front door to my home. I felt safe there, inspired there and part of a community. So, as you can imagine, finally saying goodbye was sad. Beyond sad in fact. It seems though I'm not alone in this - lots of my friends who have resigned also feel like extricating yourself from your job is almost like closing the door on who you used to be. It's the end of your life as a professional, as a worker, as your younger self. This feeling has lingered with me...until two weeks ago and particularly this week. 

Starting this blog was something I've longed to do since I completed the 100 Happy Days challenge in 2015. So to finally achieve it (and to have people reading it!!) has given me some direction and purpose beyond my motherly duties! I need that. Professionally I'm a driven person, so this is giving me targets...what shall I write about? How will I come up with ideas?!! It's making me notice things a little more, which surely has to be a good thing :) 

I've also been fortunate enough to be invited into a SEND bloggers group - I'm hoping to learn lots from more experienced writers, to improve what I'm doing and make it the best that it can be. 20 months ago I couldn't see a way out of the heartbreak, the diagnosis that I thought was going to colour every moment of my life...I wish I had realised then that it would propel me to try new things, allow me to meet such brave parents (who are now gorgeous friends) & to relinquish all the nonsense that once obscured my vision. C.S Lewis was spot on - the hardships have given me a fresh start and I'm relishing it. 

So, to anyone that has taken the time to read or comment on my posts over the last few weeks, THANK YOU. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Bibi xx

Follow my blog on Twitter  @BibiMac3

No comments:

Post a Comment